Sunday, September 14, 2008

1280

Workspace


Tibetan: Homework Day 1

Patronize
--

Branden & Tooze going at a decent pace .. onto beta structures now. Proofs from the Book introduced me to Buffon's needle. Proving the trivial result is indeed a pleasure if you don't use calculus. Considering the fact that even something like throwing needles on a ruled page is intricately connected with pi (not to mention showing up at virtually any math whcih has got anything to do with anything) , I can say without the least bit of doubt

I believe in pi.


Nolli's ichnographic map was an eye-opener. Though a little bit shaken after Nolli, I still like the terrain view in Google maps. I have been trying out librarything and it has been an absolute pleasure. Completely non-intrusive and truly awesome web service. I wish it had some sort of reading progress for each book. Also if anybody is interested in Tibetan , I really found learntibetan.net a helpful tool if you already are following a book/schedule.

--

The exhibition of unnecessary pictures is ofcourse a commonly observed symptom of newcameraowneria.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha, I will try out my thought, your post get me some good ideas, it's really awesome, thanks.

- Norman