Thursday, September 25, 2008

1272: V

(:D I am younger than I thought .. only 1272nd week going on instead of 1281 :P)

VO2 Max

I am not exactly well built :D ( as is evident from my highly disproportionate body) and neither am i very physically fit (conisder uncommon sleeping cycle and eating habits). It takes me 25 minutes to run 5 km and thought it is ONLY twice the world record, I am pretty sure it is something to be a little bit unproud about :P

VO2 max (also maximal oxygen consumption, maximal oxygen uptake or aerobic capacity) is the maximum capacity of an individual's body to transport and utilize oxygen during incremental exercise, which reflects the physical fitness of the individual. The name is derived from V̇ - volume per time, O2 - oxygen, max - maximum.

My VO2 max is a measly 32-38 presently. Hopefully it improves after some training..IIT KGP 5000 m record is around 18:30 i think which is equivalent to around 54 or 60 or something. Ofcourse running has more to do than V02 max i guess.. I hope to reach 20:00 sometime. You can calculate miscellaneous info about ur running here.

Violin

finally started playing?? violin again. One of my favourite Violinists if I haven't mentioned it before somewhere is Samvel Yervinyan, whom many of you may remember from the Yanni concert. There is so much passion in the music when he plays it. I am unsure whether this is an Armenian influence. I tried out a few Armenian songs and if not passionate, they are definitely energetic enough. I do try listening to L. Subramaniam, but Indian classical music interestingly makes my brain warm up .. I mean it gets hotter.. not a head ache .. and ofcourse it cools down ...I even love the feeling.. but maybe my secondary auditory cortex is too much of a mess to properly process the sutleties of Indian classical music. I am completely in love with Subramaniam's Jai Hanuman btw.

update: broke one of the pegs .. need to get it repaired :(


--

arduino still not here.. hope indian postal service is as good as it used to be ( assuming us postal service to be reliable)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder Mr.Thomas if this is outright joblessness or the best way one can get him"SELF" engaged in!

DT said...

as i mentioned before :D
it is outright joblessness

http://dawnthomas.blogspot.com/2008/08/week-1277.html