Thursday, March 26, 2009

1297: CrossFitness

As I mentioned in my previous post, Crossfit is pretty neat to say the least.

It is a good way to realize how unfit you are anyways :)


Started following it properly this week. Still haven't figured out a way around olympic lifts etc. But even the non-equipment based WoDs are awesome. Combing Crossfit WoD with Crossfit Endurance would be an interesting experience. I am contemplating on the possibility of asking my dad's gym owner if I could come in once or twice a weak just to check out the snatch, squat , clean and jerk and so on.

Moderately crappy scores on Crossfit Benchmarks / WOD till now

1. Scaled down Murph

   1 mile- 30 pull ups - 100 squats - 50 pushups - 1mile
   Time : 27:02


2. Half Cindy

   Rounds of 5 pull ups , 10 push ups and 15 squats
   Result : 10 rounds in 10 minutes

3. Barbara
   5 rounds of 20 pull ups, 30 push ups, 40 crunches, 50 squats for time
   Stopped after two rounds ( roughly 11 minutes )

On a connected note made a set of gymnastic rings thanks to this instructable using PVC. Hopefully I will be able to do a muscle up in a couple of weeks. Ring dips are totally amazing.

Only good news physically seems to be the new found knowledge that I can hold a tuck planche and that I ran 2.1 km in 7:49 and the next 2.9 km in 14:41 finishing 5 km in 22:30

I found beyondthewhiteboard to be a very cool resource especially in terms of seeing the general distribution and so on for each workout.

--
Nagging people to start running has been a success . Hopefully a wonderful running event will happen tomorrow morning at kgp :D thanks to Thando, Daddu, Sarohaji and Victus.

1 comment:

Arvind Iyer said...

Hi Dawn

You have a bizarre range of topics for your blog! I found the fitness articles quite useful.

I too have donned the role of fitness enthusiast after coming to Singapore....It's great fun!

keep blogging!