Friday, March 06, 2009

1295: Foutaises

( Obviously inspired by Jeunet's)

I love
sleeping on the floor..
long walks..
getting drenched every time it rains..
solitary dawns..
sleepless nights..
pears (the fruit)..
onion in vinegar..
strong coffee at 3 am..
the burning sensation after a nice long sprint..
Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi..
traveling in trains unreserved..
The Idiot..
passionate people
the few friends i have..
imagining that all the moments one has been through are still there somewhere..

I dislike
the phsyical act of throwing things away...
losing weight..
using the fan..
sound of people peeing..
mosquitoes (which bite you :| )
being waited for..
knowing that i keep forgetting most things in my life..


I am completely perplexed by
giggles
long nails
Landau's genius 
"sorry"s , "thanks" and "never mind"s
Marquez's brilliance..
Orwell's foresight..
the lurking presence of pi and e..
Claude Shannon..
my fascination with things clearly futile..

I am moderately comfortable with
my
intellectual inadequacy
lack of physical fitness
artistic ineptitude
grotesque appearance
lack of social skills
sleeping for 18 hours
days spent without a single word.

--

what about you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm...self retrospection indeed!

DT said...

:)
for a guy with very fallible day-to-day memory, i figure retrospection ain't that bad.. but blah i might not be able to keep this up.

ps: i so love anonymous comments

Anonymous said...

I am sure you do love the anonymous comments Mr.Thomas; as much as I love posting them!

Besides, quite fortunately or unfortunately I happen to empathize with a lot of statements over there..including the movie, book and the author. (save the sensation after a nice long sprint part as I have never had the chance to experience it)
:)

DT said...

@anonymous

marquez or orwell ? do try a 400m sprint immediately after you have run a couple of miles (at a slow 8 min/mile or so pace)
or try a Barbara (crossfit)