Monday, May 04, 2009

Future Imperfect

As most of you ( read subset of the few followers who have enough time on the planet to read a pointless blog) you know i have been lethargically enjoying a sabbatical which owes equally to my adorable parents as well as my assholic self.
Approximately 360 days, 4 hours and 37 minutes have passed since I defended my thesis. Eventhough I was moderately busy with the implementation for BRL-CAD till September, you could safely assume that I have had quite a blast during the whole time. It is not that I am bored with it, not even remotely. But with my dad retiring in January 2010, I figure this is not the worst of times to be a bit responsible. I have a small poll below ( extremely egotistic and narcissistic as usual to say the least ) The options are not at all comprehensive. Suggestions other than these are more than welcome.

Legend for the poll:
IIMB : PGP 2009-2011 : June 22nd Onwards
IISc : Energy Efficieny Lab with Prof. Monto Mani @ CST : July to December
GSoc : Continuing parametric system implementation with Ballistic Research Laboratory Computer aided design system : June, July 2009
Multiple entries connected by + implies doing them together.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/polls/what-should-i-do--162382/">What should I do ?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

I think most will assume that IIMB is a priority. I'd ofcourse be lying if I say it is an improbable option. I hope you know me better ..er .. or worse..

Anybody wanting to fund me -Investment with returns of course - is always welcome. Not Kidding.

8 comments:

Acroyali said...

Don't, DON'T go to IIMB, or for that matter any IIM. Take that as honest advice. Ofcourse that probably makes me sound very biased. Somehow feel there can be many more useful things one can do in these 2 years than waste it on the MBA. Do get in touch if you want to hear me rant more :D.

the guy who typed this. said...

Reasons for voting on the options:
IIMB: coz I'd like you to have fun in a place where they say its difficult due to the hectic nature of life... you'd probably manage since most management is dumbed down math and snippets from HR
IISc: nice campus, nice place to work :) i mean, cmon!
GSoC: Should be a nice avenue to spend time coding, provided your ethical priorities are not overridden :P

Nitish said...

None of these... :P
C'mon you know things better than these

DT said...

@acroyali

rants are always awesome .. :) and you know me :P

@the guy who typed that
:) who cares what "they" say ;)

@Poonia,
hahahahah :) hmmm..

Unknown said...

i'll come back to vote again :P

Observer said...

get laid and get a girl you geek! :P

Or maybe you could consider doing it the other way round, get the girl first and get laid after that :P

Anonymous said...

1. Can't believe that you even appeared for the CAT Mr.Thomas. That's so uninspiring.

2. I second Codesmith Cipher. Its time you be a man(unless you still want to wait for another marriage proposal with a doctor)

3. When did you start taking people's opinions??

4. But since you have; I would suggest you to continue with your sabbatical...go see around the world may be!

DT said...

@hollow_man

hehe.. :D what did you vote for to start with ?

@Codesmith_Cipher

hahaha.. at least i am not a gay geek :D .. gave up the last offer of fellatio ( from a girl just to be clear ) thinking about moral ramifications .. talk about bad decisions..

@Anonymous

1. me and inspiring ??? :O .. I am still relatively CAT ignorant not to mention IIM ignorant in general if that counts :P

3. (shh... just because i don't value them doesn't mean i don't like to listen to them ) I have also been conducting some tests on vanity in general and my own vanity in particular.. results to follow soon ;)

4. "The sky is blue wherever you go and people are people" .. - Jubei ;)